Mercedes Benz E Class W211 E55 AMG - Facts and Figures
|Power||476 PS - 350 kW - 469 BHP|
|Torque||699 Nm - 516 lb/ft|
|MPG City||22.0 MPG|
|MPG Motorway||28.0 MPG|
W211 E55 AMG Review
We want to find out opinions of W211 E55 AMG Owners. Do the figures above match your E55 AMG figures? Have you had any problems during ownership? Is it your Daily Driver? Would you recommened this type of E Class?Tell Us About Your Ownership
E Class W211 E55 AMG Problems, Faults and Recalls
- R/2003/185 - Rear Seat Belts May Not Engage Correctly - Rear Seat Belt may not engage correctly
- R/2004/094 - Possibility Of Reduced Braking Efficiency - Premature wear of the Sensatronic Brake Control (SBC) unit may lead to a reduced braking efficiency
- R/2005/056 - Brake Pedal May Require More Effort Than Expected - In isolated cases it is possible for vibrations within the vehicle to in turn vibrate the wiring harness connected to the Sensotronic Brake Control unit. This causes the internal contacts within the unit to suffer abrasion and subsequent resistance increase. The resultant affect is that more effort will be required on the brake pedal to stop the vehicle.
- R/2005/134 - Brake Pedal May Require More Effort Than Expected - Problems may occur with the Sensotronic Brake Control (SBC) hydraulic unit that could affect the input required by the driver to stop the vehicle.
- R/2006/046 - Engine May Revert To Limp Home Mode - The differential pressure sensor for the diesel particulate filter can fail due to contamination of the protective gel layer by exhaust gases. This will result in the car reverting to limp home mode (restricted engine speed).
- R/2008/147 - Engine Emergency Shut Off On Board Diagnosis Or Tank/speedo Signal May Be Affected - Possibility of transfer of incorrect control unit software which could affect engine shut off control in an emergency situation or the on board diagnosis system or tank/speedometer signal
- R/2008/149 - Engine Could Lose Power. - The electrical connection in the interior of the crankshaft sensor's chip housing may be interrupted which may result in loss of power and the inability to restart engine