Mercedes Benz A Class W176 A200 BlueEFFICIENCY - Facts and Figures
|Power||156 PS - 115 kW - 154 BHP|
|Torque||250 Nm - 184 lb/ft|
|MPG City||44.0 MPG|
|MPG Motorway||57.0 MPG|
W176 A200 BlueEFFICIENCY Review
We want to find out opinions of W176 A200 BlueEFFICIENCY Owners. Do the figures above match your A200 BlueEFFICIENCY figures? Have you had any problems during ownership? Is it your Daily Driver? Would you recommened this type of A Class?Tell Us About Your Ownership
A Class W176 A200 BlueEFFICIENCY Problems, Faults and Recalls
- R/2012/063 - Transmission May Not Operate Correctly - A frictional connection (clutch within the gearbox) may go out of tolerance and produce a chattering noise. This will be followed by a warning message appearing in the instrument cluster and symptoms similar to a slipping clutch.
- R/2013/053 - Airbag May Not Perform Correctly In A Collsion - The laser perforation of the instrument panel (i.e. the predetermined fracture point intended for the unfolding of an airbag from the inside) for the front passenger airbag may not have been performed correctly. If this is the case in the event of a serious frontal collision during which the triggering threshold of the front passenger airbag is reached it is possible that this may not unfold as intended and correspondingly not offer its full protective potential.
- R/2013/100 - Driver And Passenger Backrest May Become Insecure - On certain models fitted with the AMG seats it is possible that if the vehicle is involved in a side impact during very cold conditions below freezing the side cover for the back-rest member could become loose and cause injury.
- R/2014/182 - Oil May Leak - On certain diesel engines the 'O' ring may not have been produced to the correct specification. This may allow oil to leak and contaminate the environment. If excessive oil is lost engine damage may occur.
- R/2015/099 - Possibility Of Loss Of Drive - The drive shaft and the hub of the outer joint may separate. In very rare cases it cannot be excluded that the vehicle stops. The steering and braking system remain fully available to the driver.
- R/2015/145 - Front Passenger Airbag May Not Deploy - Certain fuses in the passenger's footwell may not have been fitted correctly. This may adversely affect the instrument cluster windscreen wipers and the passenger seat occupancy recognition system. In certain conditions this may cause the passenger's air bag not to deploy in an accident.
- R/2015/210 - Engine May Fail - The camshaft could break and damage the engine due to it not being manufactured to the correct specification. If the condition occurs it will lead to a sudden loss of drive thereby increasing the risk of a collision.
- R/2015/259 - Risk Of Fire - The high pressure fuel lines have not been manufactured to the correct specification which over time can lead to crack formation and fuel leaking. Fuel escaping in the presence of an ignition source could lead to fire.